About MLA Handbook Plus
The go-to resource for writers of research papers and anyone citing sources is now available online through institutional subscriptions. MLA Handbook Plus includes the full text of the ninth edition of the handbook and will soon host additional material, including other MLA guides and instructor resources.
- Trusted: The only authorized subscription-based digital resource featuring the MLA Handbook will be available for unlimited simultaneous users.
- Evolving: Get the same content as the print edition, plus seamless annual updates and forthcoming additional resources such as videos and companion titles.
- Dynamic: Features an easy-to-search interface, cross-linking of related material, and a split view that lets students see illustrations while reading corresponding content.
- Flexible: Whether on campus, at home, or in a coffee shop, students can access the platform from anywhere—perfect for remote or hybrid learning environments.
- Affordable: Tiered pricing model based on full-time undergraduate enrollments.
- Accessible: Meets WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards—ensuring that learning MLA style is available to all.
An Introduction to MLA Handbook Plus
In 2022 we will begin adding additional content to the platform, such as:
About the MLA
The Modern Language Association (mla.org) is the creator of the MLA Handbook, a publication now in its ninth edition, which for more than forty years has helped writers produce credible research projects and clear prose.
As an organization representing language and literature researchers and teachers, the MLA advocates humanities education and provides opportunities for its members to share their research and teaching experiences with colleagues. MLA members sustain one of the finest publications programs in the humanities, and MLA publications on writing and research have been widely adopted for classroom instruction and are used throughout the world by scholars, journal publishers, and academic and commercial presses.